Dear Miss Kim
…the only thing missing to complete my requirements is the english test. thats my priority now to take the english test, im scared coz my english is not good enough, especially my diction, i need to study and practice, i dont know which test will i take. thats my concern for now. – H
English is a barrier to many. People that dedicate themselves to the language (and grammar) do much better, in a shorter amount of time. They save a huge amount of money. They reach their goals quicker. They make more money sooner. Note:
- IELTS is usually the exam of choice, for immigration, as it is available globally.
- CELBAN is usually the choice for the licensure process for RNs and LPNs.
Some people take the general IELTS for immigration, only to discover it is the academic version that is required for licensure. If it is possible to figure out how to take only one exam, for two purposes, it will save money in the end. But most people end up taking more than one. Usually, people work on achieving the score for immigration, and then worry about increasing the score to one of the colleges of LPNs or RNs once they get here.
That is when they switch from IELTS to CELBAN.
Problems IENs face while Preparing for the CELBAN
These are some of the problems I have seen happen for Internationally Educated Nurses preparing for the CELBAN:
- Some people take the CELBAN without preparation and feel depressed when they are unable to reach the required scores.
- Other people do not integrate the feedback they receive on their weaknesses. They keep taking practice tests and sample tests over and over again without learning the skills and competencies required to pass the CELBAN.
- Others feeling overconfident in their score in one area focus only on the weaknesses only to get a lower score on what was once a strength.
At the end of the day passing your CELBAN or IELTS English exam, if you really want to make this happen, needs to be a first priority. It’s like taking medicine. It might taste bad, but it helps to make everything else better!
That is why I created the Grammar Essentials Series online course so that you can learn the transferable skills, when it comes to grammar, test taking, and the English language. There are two options:
- Buy books that are available on Amazon, or
- Apply for Self-Directed Training through the Resource Centre of CELBANPrep University.
Improving your competencies in these areas will assist you in increasing your score not only on every exam you take from here on in, but also your life and career as a whole!
Check out this tag: I passed the CELBAN on my first attempt!!!
So, instead of asking which exam to take: change the question. Ask, which CELBAN online courses, CELBAN online classes, CELBAN review materials will help me to prepare for my exams. The answer is: the Grammar series, which includes:
- CELBANPrep Writing
- CELBAN Grammar Vol 1: Nouns & Articles
- CELBAN Grammar Vol 2: Verbs & Verbals
- CELBAN Grammar Vol 3: Agreement Errors
- CELBAN Grammar Vol 4: Advanced Punctuation
Remember, there are also FREE resources available on Amazon (in 100 countries through the 12 national sites) and that there are two parts to CELBANPrep resources:
- The textbook or workbook available on Amazon, and
- The companion teaching videos are available through CELBANPrep University.
You NEED BOTH! Why? Because the videos provides resources that could not be included in a print workbook/textbook. (Consider the membership like the old CDs and DVDs you used to get!)
P.S. You might like 6G*☺ You always makes me feel more confident and less stressful