Since you wrote, in 2012 there have been so many changes.
There are FREE resources, but they are different. They include 3 that are FREE with Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited:
- The How to Prepare for the CELBAN: User Guide
- The CELBAN or IELTS: User Guide
- The CELBAN Grammar: Pre-test
There is also:
- The Textbooks – now available in print with the lessons and assignments that focus on preparing for different task on the exam. For instance there are four tasks for CELBAN Speaking, so for CELBANPrep there are four lessons: one for each task. It is not possible to give you free preparation for speaking (or writing) for two reasons:
- four tasks can not be taught in less time than in four lessons for speaking and eight lessons in writing,
- preparing for these task require a teacher who must be paid, in the same way you as a nurse must be paid.
- The Memberships – that provide you access to the teaching videos (like how you used to get CDs and DVDs) and you also get access to more than 100 writing samples that could not be included in the book. I have been told that seeing other people apply the CELBANPrep Method taught in CELBANPrep Writing Level One is very helpful to people preparing for the exam!
- For a limited time, with your CELBANPrep Paid Memberships, you cal also get your writing assessed, and/or work with a coach!
Maria, I have done the best that I can to provide free resources.
At the end of the day, Maria, you have a decision to make: are you worth the investment in yourself? By investing in yourself, by taking prep classes, you are investing in your future. By investing in yourself you are saving both time and money so that when you take the CELBAN you are both prepared and confident. With this confidence you will perform to the best of your ability. I can not guarantee that you pass, because that depends on how much you practice and how well you do, but I can guarantee that you feel more confident and prepared than if you go into the exam without a prep class, so that you walk out of that exam feeling proud of yourself instead of insecure like other people.
At the end of the day you save money, because you are prepared and perform to the best of your ability on the exam. You save time, because you are not wasting any of your three attempts at the CELBAN. You only have three attempts, and your score will expire in two years so you need to have one chance available when it does expire. So really you only have two chances. Taking the exam without preparation, for many, is like throwing away a chance.
At the end of the day taking a prep class allows you to progress in your licensure process faster than if you are walking on this path alone.
At the end of the day you need to decide which path to take; you need to decide if you are a worthy investment. Your family believes you are. The question is do you think you are?
I wish you the very best in your process, Maria.