What’s the use of [CELBANPrep] because people didn’t get their celban dates from 5-6 months so much waiting to get the exam date then no use of this celban . It’s not good in my view , i m so much upset about the system of this celban exam dates till August it’s full I want to give exam now but how? M
When you read this, in 2021 or thereafter, consider this: this post was created in April of 2014. At that time the owners of the CELBAN realized that the administration of the exam needed improvements because of the long wait times. At that time IENs were on waitlists of over 6 months. As a result, the owners shut it down. The CELBAN exam was not offered for more than 6 months as they searched for new administrators that could handle the complexities of a global market.
Now, in 2021, as a result of COVID and the CELBAN going online, with the CELBAN CBT, the growing pains are once again evident. Even though the reading, writing and listening can be done online: they still need to hire and arrange for proxies, which is relatively easy because a proxy doesn’t need to know anything about the exam. They simply need to ensure people are not cheating. But, the speaking portion continues to require skilled and trained assessors. When the CELBAN was offered face to face, this was easier to handle, but now that the CBT is online, and IENs can take the exam anywhere in the world – and the limit of 3 attempts has been removed: strategically and logistically the administrators of the exam face new challenges.
(This is not even considering how the Colleges of Nursing across Canada are responding to the CELBAN-CBT.)
So, once again, more than 5 years later IENs are in the same place they were in 2014 and 2015: challenged with securing exam dates.
Sigh. Patience is required as we all adapt to the new normal. But, in addition to that, what I told M back then still stands today:
- What is the use?
- What is the use of CELBANPrep?
- What is the use of preparing for the CELBAN?
- What is the use of dreaming of being a nurse in Canada?
- What is the use when the process is so difficult and time consuming?
- What is the use when there are so many barriers and so few resources?
- What is the use?
Do you feel like that sometimes? It doesn’t have to be that way!
There is a philosophical question: is the glass half empty or half full?
- It is true, there is a long wait for a seat for the exam.
- It is true that it takes 6 months to a year to get all your documents gathered, and more time to take competency exams and upgrading courses.
- It is all true. The process is not easy. It does take time. And it is frustrating.
However, what you are experiencing is a character building process screening out those who lack determination, courage, tenacity and positive coping mechanisms.
Those IENs who have the internal character traits that motivate them to go forward in pursuit of their dreams make it. Those who do not, give up their dreams and live below their potential.
From my perspective the licensure process, beginning with the process of taking the CELBAN, is a gift of time.
- Many people, who are not familiar with the exam or who have not prepared, fail the exam.
- People who have an overall score of 5-6, on the IELTS, need between 4-6 months to improve their English language skills to be able to get the required scores. (Less with the release of the CELBANPrep Grammar Essentials series.)
- People who have an overall score of 7, on the IELTS, need between 2-6 months to prepare for the exam.
- Because there are so many IENs who struggle with being Busy People or Disillusioned Dreamers, such as your self I have created a special course to address the issues of motivation, confidence, tension and fatigue. It is called the Secrets to Success on the CELBAN and in Life MasterMind. This course used to be part of the 90 Day Challenge, but this course was so impactful that I decided to tease it out and teach it separately. This MasterMind goes for 2 months: one week of daily sessions followed by weekly live Exciting Events.
- Grammar Essentials is offered either as a self study with the workbooks that are available through Amazon or as part of the 90 Day Challenge. Mind you, it is best to review this material thoroughly BEFORE you take the 90 Day Challenge so that you can absorb the material. We go so fast through it during the 90 Day Challenge, that it needs to be considered a reminder/review not a learning time. It takes at least one month per module, and there are 4 modules.
- The CELBANPrep 90 Day Challenge contains 3 courses offered over 3 months, but many people need more time than that to be able to demonstrate the skills competently and with confidence. So, some people tend to extend their subscriptions another session or two.
How many months is that?
- 2 months Secrets to Success (Can be taken concurrently with other courses.)
- 4 months Grammar Essentials
- 3-6+ months for the 90 Day Challenge.
So, M, what can you be doing during that 6 months wait?
You can be learning skills and competencies so that when you take the exam you are more prepared than if you simply sit around waiting for the day to come.
It is these courses that have allowed people to take time to identify their individual weaknesses and turn them into strengths. It is the wise use of time that allows people to enter the exam with confidence, knowing that they have used their time effectively, that they have prepared well, and they will do the best that they can on the exam. It is these features that have allowed people success in achieving acceptable scores and going on in their process to become nurses in Canada. Reading their emails will tell you all you need to know: Thank you.
Save Time and Money. Explore CELBANPrep University.