Thank you. I am okay and Winnipeg is a nice place to live in. People here are friendly and very helpful. I moved here last March of 2011 from the Philippines. I have taken the CLB in 2011 and my scores were: listening=6, speaking=7, reading=7, writing=6. Then, I also took IELTS a lot of times and it seems like I have no luck in passing it. Almost everyone at work would tell me that my English is great but I don’t know why I cannot surpass that exam. My grades in IELTS were:
- in JULY 2011 (listening:7.5, reading=5, writing=6.5, speaking=8);
- in MAY 2012 (Listening=7, reading=7.5, writing=7, speaking=7);
- in AUG 2012 (listening=7, reading=7, writing=7, speaking=7.5);
- in DEC 2012 (listening=6.5, reading=7.5, writing=7, speaking=7).
I know that they have been saying that IELTS does not have a pass or fail grade but my scores were not enough for me to get registered in nursing or at least apply for refresher course. I get frustrated when I get my results. I understand why the standard is very high but I just feel hopeless when I go back and see how much effort I put into these. Now, I wanted to try CELBAN for the first time and see how I will be able to do it. Looking forward to finally reach my goals with your help, Kim. Thanks again.
Have a good day,
- retaking exams over and over is not a productive strategy in obtaining higher scores,
- retaking exams can result in a decreased score.