Mind you it still takes time to prepare for the CELBAN.
What is the secret?
- If you have weaknesses with articles, start with volume #1.
- If you have weaknesses with verb tenses, start with volume #2.
- If you fumble when it comes to agreement errors, you need to complete volumes 1 and 2 before proceeding with volume 3.
- And, if you have problems with either sentence structure or punctuation then volume 4 is for you.
Where do you start? With your weakness. Your weaknesses may be different as compared to someone else so you start where you need to improve.
Does that answer your question?
The thing to realize and remember is that when you improve your grammar skills, you improve your score not only in writing and speaking but also in reading: for the fill-in-the-blanks task.
1. CELBAN Materials for Self-Study
- CELBAN Reading Guide has study plans for 8 weeks.
- CELBAN Writing Guide has study plans for 9 weeks.
- CELBAN Listening Guide has study plans for 10 weeks.
- CELBAN Speaking Guide has study plans for 5 weeks.
Study plans that fit your schedule
- Sandeep, for example, has one hour a day, three days a week.
- Mary has one entire day to prepare.
- But Kenzo can only focus on one thing at a time.
So, Sandeep might prepare for Listening on Mondays, Writing on Wednesdays and Reading on Fridays. Once he has done so for 4 weeks, he can add on Speaking to his schedule.
Mary decides to divide her off day into four portions: early morning, afternoon, late afternoon and evening. She knows that her energy is highest at night, so she chooses to prepare for writing at that time because she can focus the best then. With that decided she starts her day with some light reading, moving into engaging in activities that require her to both listen and speak at the same time.
Kenzo has figured out that the best time and place for her to study is at work, so she starts with speaking and listening. She will add reading and writing in a few months when she is confident in her speaking and listening skills.
What have you learned from this? What is the answer to your question? What fits best into your lifestyle?
That is what CELBANPrep has considered from the beginning: who you are, what your needs are, and what you need to get to where you are going.
2. Online CELBAN courses
Alternatively, if you decide instead to take a course at CELBANPrep University, you will be taking courses that overlap in skill development.
- Canadian Communication & Culture prepares you not only for listening but also speaking.
- Wonderful Writing prepares you for both speaking and writing at the same time. (You will be prepared for both CELBAN Writing Task 1 and CELBAN Writing Task 2.) And,
- Essential EQ teaches you skills that impact your ability to navigate difficult situations with ease, confidence and grace not only for speaking but in all aspects of your life: at home, at work, and in the community.