NEW! FREE Guide
UPDATED: Pre-test~ FREE
- NEWS: CELBANPrep’s 2021 – 90 Day Challenge
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ There are times that I am at a point of giving up.
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ it feels like theres something lacking on me – sometimes feeling emptiness.
- CT4 TRAPPED IEN – ☀️ I took celban twice and I didn’t get expected score
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ I don’t have the confident, I feel that I will fail [the CELBAN]
- CT4 TRAPPED IEN – ☀️ I am so worried in taking celban for the 3rd time…I got 9 listening
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ i was so frustrated … after i received my evaluation report.
- CT4 – BUSY MOM & DAD: ⏱️ Do you have an ideas of how a busy mom with a toddler can study?
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ I am here for you, what I really want to know is: are you here for yourself?
- CT4 UNSUSPECTING NEWCOMER – ♦ WARNING: Overconfidence can have detrimental effects.
- CT4 – BUSY MOM & DAD: ⏱️ I am from Swift Current [Saskatchewan], I have two jobs… I wanted some [CELBAN] materials to read at home
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ I dont know how to start, im so desperate, frustrated, hopeless
- CT4 TRAPPED IEN – ☀️ I already took CELBAN twice, but … I’m not lucky to pass.
- CT4 – BUSY MOM & DAD: ⏱️ I am a 7 months postpartum Mom…when will I start
- CT4 THE DISILLUSIONED DREAMER – ♥ Why and how did Kim motivated them so much?
How to Prepare for the CELBAN or IELTS: FREE!!
Please leave a comment
Life is a process of growth and transformation.
Join me on my journey.
Leave a comment. Let me know how what you think, how you have been inspired, how you have felt in reading Dear Kim!
- Follow Dear Kim on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Finding Balance
☼ *Disillusioned Dreamer: We can not do this alone, any of it. We need each other, in life, to obtain our dreams.
Thanks for your email.
I moved here with my husband and our two children. IT has been hard. Mostly because I am home alone and not being able to work. Toronto is a nice city.
We moved here three months ago from Sweden. I am swedish, but I have lived i the UK, for four years, but IT was ten years ago. I was working there as a nurse.
I did the IELTS and failed to get the score I require, which nearly broke me apart. I misunderstood the instructor on the reading part, and I know that effected my result, but I still managed to fail on the essay which I wasn’t prepared on. It felt ok when I was writing. My IELTS band is: Reading 6.0 Listening 7.5. Writing 5.5 and speaking 8.5. Overall 7,0.
I don’t know if I should retake the IELTS or do the Celban, but I am now looking into the Celban. Maybe you can give me some advise.
Hi, Dear Friend Kim
It has been a while we last time chatted.
But this week it was refreshing to get an email from you. I read it and read it so I make sure I get everything.
I took Celban October and just got the results. Listening 9 and Reading both failed by one point. Dissapointing. Oh. ..
On top of these. …[personal family matters]. It’s extremely hard. …but the life goes on. One of my best friend visited me and she said I just ordered a Passion Planner agenda for my daughter. I didn’t have a clue what was that. 🙂 Interesting ….isn’t it? So couple of hours later I read your email about it. Providential.
Now I saw your new CELBAN for 2018. Sounds exciting. But I have my dilemma. Should I still pursue this dream? I have the two little children. I am out of nursing more than 8 years. I am already registered with NNAS….and my registration is expiring….more and more money. And I didn’t PASS.
Of course a new year comes and new forces and dreams come as well. What would you do? How would you plan. As I can see you went through a lot and still dreaming and achieving many things. We just need to read again God’s promises and appreciations of his people.
You gently encourage us and push forward.
I want to mention that you said you are ‘ordinary’ Do you think is that right? If we believe we are ‘the reflection of God’ then we are extraordinary. We are unique travelling on the Earth with different struggles.
STOP here. …S. It’s enough.
I am looking forward to read and use your precious advise.
Many Blessings and a Hug from me
Hello Ms. Kim
Thank you for all the support you are giving me. Next week will be the end of my part time job. Finally, i had the courage to tender my resignation letter. I was working 12 hour shift approx 4-5 nights a week and then during the daytime i work as a [position] for my part time. It is a part time but i have to go 4 times … which consume the entire day. Recently, I been suffering from migraine every Wednesday and sometimes even Thursday because of lack of sleep and the extreme weather condition. That finally made me realized that my hands are full and decided to submit my resignation letter 2 weeks ago. S
Hi Kim. How are you also. Me, I think I’m good for the last couple of days but since last Thursday my level of anxiety increases when I received a letter from CELAS that my scheduled for CELBAN Writing, Reading, and Listening is on October 29 and CELBAN Speaking is on October 30 of this year.
I arrived here at Winnipeg only last April 13, 2013 with my family and stayed here for only 6 months. I’m 43 yrs old and a wife and mother of 3 children. My son is 15 yrs old which is now in Grade 10 and my twins (both girls) will be turning 10 this October 25 and they are now in Grade 5. I was a dialysis nurse in the Philippines before I went here. So to pursue my nursing career here I need to take CELBAN, which is the first requirement for all nursing courses here. Last August I sent them my application and for 2 months I’ve waited, they emailed me that I need to wait for my slots. Some friends told me that I need it to follow up. So I called the number included in their email and they told me that maybe my schedule will be February or March next year. It was good to hear so I have more time to prepare. But unfortunately it not happened and earlier scheduled was given to me which is end of this month as I’ve told you. I tried to call them last Friday to reschedule it for at least November or December but the person who managed the schedule is on vacation and will return this Tuesday. To tell you honestly I’m not yet prepared. I’m starting to review CELBAN only last week when I borrowed some materials in the library.
Also I had not taken any CLB or English Assessment when I arrived here. Only in … College I’ve done it when I was planning to take Health Care Aide course. It’s their requirement and according to them the result of my English assessment was good and it’s above average.
That’s why I tried to google some sites that will help me to prepare before taking CELBAN examination if they cannot canceled it.
More power and hope you can give me advice on what to do before taking CELBAN exam.