Do I have to take the CELBAN, as an Internationally Educated Nurse, to become registered as a nurse in Canada?

Yes and No!

As an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN), you are required to take the CELBAN (Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses) or another English language proficiency test in order to become registered as a nurse in Canada.

The test is used to assess your English language proficiency and determine if you have the necessary language skills to work effectively as a healthcare professional in Canada.

Each province or territory in Canada has its own regulatory body that oversees the registration of nurses, and the requirements for English language proficiency may vary.

However, most regulatory bodies require that IENs pass a recognized English language test, such as the CELBAN, in order to become registered. It’s important to check the specific requirements for the province or territory where you want to practice, as well as with the regulatory body, to determine if the CELBAN is a requirement for you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.