🌐 CELBANPrep Available Internationally: in 100 Countries!!!
Updated January 2023
Did you know that since 2009 CELBANPrep has been available, in 100 countries?
If you are living somewhere other than Canada, and considering taking the CELBAN to become a licensed or registered nurse in Canada, there are several posts that will get you started.
This article is written in a question-and-answer format:
- Where do I start?
- What is NNAS?
- Should I take the CELBAN before applying to NNAS?
- Should I take the CELBAN or the IELTS?
- Do you have online CELBAN information, CELBAN skill development material, and CELBAN online preparation courses?
- What else should I know about preparing for the CELBAN outside of Canada?
May you find the solid and reliable, trustworthy, source you are looking for!
Where do I start?
There are two reliable sources for information about CELBAN and the process of becoming a nurse in Canada.
“STEP ONE: Contact the CELBAN official Website. Check out the website of the CELBAN Centre (www.celbancentre.ca) to get test information. This is the CELBAN official website, administered by Touchstone
“STEP TWO: Learn more from the NNAS ==> Go to the National Nursing Assessment Service (www.nnas.ca ) website to get answers to the question: What is the passing score for nurses on the CELBAN?”
From the CELBAN Help Centre @ www.celban.info
What is NNAS?
The National Nursing Assessment Services was founded in August 2014. Before that time Internationally Educated Nurses applied to individual provincial Colleges of Nursing to start their documentation process. So, at that time there was a great deal of duplication. And, it became challenging for IENs who moved from one province to another.
With NNAS the entire documentation process for all of the colleges of nursing, for all of the provinces, for both registered nurses and licensed nurses is completed by one organization.
This makes it much easier for you.
In 2022, as a result of COVID and other changes in policy, some of the Colleges in Canada have changed their processes.
Do your due diligence and find out from your provincial college of nurses what your requirements are, based on where you are living/hope to live.
Should I take the CELBAN before applying to NNAS?
This is a question that comes up quite regularly.
PRIOR to October 2022, there were some things to know when making this decision:
- There was a fee to register with NNAS.
- Your registration has an expiry date. If you were unable to supply your English Proficiency exam scores within the allotted time, with the required scores, you would have to pay an additional fee to keep your file active.
BUT as of October 13, 2022:
NNAS defers the submission of language proficiency requirements to the regulatory body process for all NNAS Applicants
This means that you no longer have to supply your English scores during the first stage of applying to become licenced as a nurse in Canada.
It is wise to understand the licensure process of the province where you intend on practicing as a licensed nurse. Due to the impact of COVID, policies and processes are changing at unprecedented rates.
When should I take the CELBAN?
Before January 2019 the answer to this question was very different. Due to COVID, several changes have occurred, when it comes to the CELBAN, now that there is an online Computer Based Test, the CBT.
Since the CBT became available in January 2021, there are 3 main changes:
- The CELBAN is available online.
- The CELBAN is available internationally.
- Candidates can take the CELBAN more than 3 times.
This changes EVERYTHING!
In the past IENs had only 3 attempts on the CELBAN. And, because the English scores expire in 2 years, and it typically took more than 2 years for IENs to complete the licensure process: they had to reserve one attempt for the future.
But then, many IENs took the CELBAN as Unsuspecting Newcomers. Not knowing this they fell into what I called, the CELBAN Trap.
They only had one attempt left: exam anxiety mounted. The stress was palatable. Many became Disillusioned Dreamers.
So, at that time my advice was to wait to take the exam: to take it when individuals were confident they could obtain the required score. But now, with the CBT, and the 3 changes, the advice has changed.
If you are in a province that requires an English Score as the first step, take the CELBAN when you are able to do so. Review the results, and the feedback you receive about your speaking and writing skills, and plan accordingly.
- You wrote with some control of grammar but errors occasionally impeded reader understanding.
- Difficulty with prepositions/articles (e.g., missing prepositions).
- Incorrect word forms make it difficult to understand text (e.g., adjective vs. adverb).
- Some of your sentences are difficult to understand.
- To improve clarity in sentence structures, avoid run-on sentences.
- Some awkward structures.
- You demonstrate difficulty with complex sentences.
Speaking Feedback (Workplace Skills)
- Difficulty with question formation.
- You take initiative with some hesitation.
- Some difficulty discussing uncommon topics and engaging in more demanding interactions.
- You do not always engage well to establish rapport and use an appropriate tone and register.
- When interacting with patients, a professional tone and a more assertive tone are sometimes necessary.
When you get this type of feedback, you have a better idea and clearer direction. You will know what kind of resources you need to improve your score. And, you will be able to ask better questions to exam preparation providers.
- How will you help me to improve my grammar?
- What kind of resources do you have to assist me in creating rapport? In being more assertive?
In answer to these questions, at CELBANPrep University, we provide skill training programs so that you can:
- Improve grammar and sentence structure with the Silver bundle, and
- Build professional development skills (rapport and assertiveness) with the GOLD bundle.
Take the CELBAN exam when you are financially able to do so. Receiving the feedback will give you the guidance and direction you need!
Should I take the CELBAN or the IELTS?
This is another commonly asked question that has been answered in many different ways. It is addressed thoroughly in the tag: CELBAN or IELTS.
Do you have CELBAN information, CELBAN skill development material, and CELBAN online preparation courses?
The answer is, “Yes!”
Because CELBANPrep was created over ten years ago, in 2009, ample resources have been created.
Three bundles are available.
- Level One ~ CELBAN Information: flashcards, quizzes, and a video library to INFORM you about the CELBAN with CELBANPrep Bronze.
- Level Two ~ CELBAN Material: EXPLORE and ENHANCE your skills when it comes to reading, writing, listening, and speaking with CELBANPrep Silver.
- Level Three ~ CELBAN Online Preparation Courses: PREPARE for the Canadian Workplace by focusing on professional development with CELBANPrep Gold.
CELBANPrep University has the most extensive library of resources available to you – at various price points – to assist you in preparing for the CELBAN no matter where you are in the world!
What else should I know about preparing for the CELBAN outside of Canada?
Several posts have been written about preparing for the CELBAN, internationally. Some of the information is specific to a region, but not all of it!
You may benefit from reading these posts as well.
- CELBAN Preparation in Dubai, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Internationally
CELBAN Preparation in Singapore, Hong Kong, SAR and Internationally
There is even a tag: https://dear-kim.com/tag/celban-preparation-internationally
I hope that this post gives you some clarity and understanding both of the process of becoming a licensed nurse in Canada, but also the steps to take in preparing for the CELBAN exam.
Next, explore the CELBAN books that are available internationally through Amazon!
CELBAN Books on Amazon
The following list of 100 countries comes directly from Amazon.
(The countries in bold have national Amazon websites. If you live in one of the non-bolded countries start at Amazon.com.)
CELBANPrep in Africa and the Middle East
|Israel||Kuwait||Qatar||United Arab Emirates|
CELBANPrep in the Americas
|Chile||Guadeloupe||Trinidad and Tobago||Barbados|
|Micronesia||French Guiana||Jamaica||Saint Martin|
CELBANPrep in Asia and Pacific
|Fiji||Cambodia||Sri Lanka||Marshall Islands|
CELBANPrep in Europe
|Croatia||San Marino||Vatican City||Bosnia And Herzegovina|
- There may be limitations on where and whether Amazon Marketplace sellers offer international shipping. For more information, go to Seller Supported Countries
- Your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which your order ships. These charges are always the recipient’s responsibility. For more information, go to About Import Fees Deposit or About Customs, Duties & Taxes.
CELBANPrep E-books are downloads and do not require shipping and handling. Some are FREE with Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime memberships.
This is a listing of CELBANPrep resources that are available on each national site:
- CELBAN in Australia,
- CELBAN in Canada
- CELBAN in Brazil,
- CELBAN in France,
- CELBAN in Germany,
- CELBAN in India,
- CELBAN in Italy,
- CELBAN in Japan,
- CELBAN in Mexico,
- CELBAN in the Netherlands,
- CELBAN in Poland,
- CELBAN in Singapore,
- CELBAN in Spain,
- CELBAN in the UK and
- CELBAN in the US.
When you purchase any CELBANPrep resource from Amazon, you can also access the teaching videos through the bundles at CELBANPrep University.
Increase your Score: Save both time and money! Explore CELBANPrep University.
Pingback: I am so excited! Amazon just released a new CELBANPrep book! And it is only $2.99 (or FREE with Kindle Unlimited)! | Dear Kim
Pingback: 4G WARNING: Avoid The CELBAN Trap! | Dear Kim