The Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) is designed to assess the English language proficiency of internationally educated nurses (IENs) who want to practice nursing in Canada. The test can be challenging for some IENs for several reasons:
- Language barrier: For IENs who are non-native English speakers, the CELBAN may be challenging due to language barriers. The test requires a high level of English proficiency in areas such as listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Test format: The CELBAN test format can be challenging for some IENs, as it requires a high level of proficiency in all four language skills, and the test questions can be complex and technical in nature.
- Time constraints: The CELBAN test is timed, and IENs must complete all sections within the allotted time. This can be challenging for some, especially if they are not used to taking timed exams or if they are nervous about the test.
- Test anxiety: Some IENs may experience test anxiety, which can make it difficult to perform well on the CELBAN. This can be due to factors such as the pressure to pass the test and the impact that a poor score may have on their career goals.
Overall, the CELBAN is a challenging test that requires a high level of English proficiency, and there are several reasons why it can be difficult for some IENs to achieve the required score.
However, with proper preparation and support, IENs can increase their chances of success and achieve the score they need to become registered nurses in Canada.
At CELBANPrep University, we have been assisting Internationally Educated Nurses from around the world, and living across Canada (even in remote locations) to overcome the language barriers, understand and prepare for the complexity and technical nature of the exam, while teaching time and stress management skills!
There are 3 options:
- CELBANPrep Bronze in the Information Centre for those who are new to the exam, and or new to Canada.
- CELBANPrep Silver for those who have taken the CELBAN, and have feedback on how to improve their writing and speaking scores. (Resources are also available for listening and reading.)
- CELBANPrep GOLD, for those who are serious about advancing their careers as health care professionals in Canada.
NOTE: CELBANPrep Silver and GOLD are accessible to other health care professionals that are not nurses!