Updated this week
I’m doing fine, yes it is nice here in Winnipeg, except for the very cold weather.
I’m from Philippines, I’ve been in Canada for two years. This is the first country that we moved/lived into since we came from the Philippines. I don’t have a CLB score, because I didn’t took that assessment, but I did took CELBAN before, actually I already took CELBAN twice, but unfortunately I’m not lucky to pass.
- My scores at the first time were: Listening 9, Reading 8, Writing 6, Speaking 7,
- and the second time were: Listening 9, Reading 9, Writing 7, speaking 7.
They said that my weaknesses in writing were as follows:
- some grammatical error make it difficult to understand the text
- problem with prepositions
- problem with verb tense
- some problem with possession forms
Weaknesses in speaking:
- pronunciation problems
- work on grammar and vocabulary so that I can choose the correct words, word forms and word order to ask questions, and express my ideas clearly and accurately
- problems with question formation
- problem with singular/plural forms
- problem with verb tense
I need to redo it all again, I hope you can help me, I feel so depressed after I received the score report from celas.
Thank you! That is the best and most detailed message I have received! Thank you for telling me what your weaknesses are in speaking and writing! That is the most important piece of information you have. With that you have the answer to everything! If you improve those weaknesses in writing and speaking, you are bound to increase your scores at the same time!
Let me reorganize your weaknesses for you, so that you can see what I see and how what I have created with CELBANPrep makes all the difference for you!
Grammatical Error (2x): (www.grammar.celbanprep.info)
- CELBANPrep Grammar Vol 2 – Verbs & Verbals: problem with verb tense (both speaking and writing)
- CELBANPrep Grammar Vol 3 – Agreement errors: problem with singular/plural forms (you need to complete Vol 1 and 2 first).
- CELBANPrep Writing: express my ideas clearly and accurately
- Ensure that the tutor or coach you hire focuses additionally on prepositions and possessions. (www.writing.celbanprep.info)
- CELBANPrep Speaking: problems with question formation
- CELBANPrep Speaking: word order to ask questions (www.speaking.celbanprep.info)
Does that help to give you direction and hope?
These are the steps to turning your weaknesses into strengths.
Because, the reality is that your scores for both writing and listening need to be improved so that you pass this next and final time. But, you also need to maintain your scores in speaking and reading.
Now, let me ask a few questions:
- How serious are you about becoming a nurse in Canada?
- How important is it to you and what are you willing to do to get there?
- If you are depressed now, how depressed would you be after failing the third time?
It is important to spend time building up your mind, your heart, and your spirit to battle the level of stress you may potentially feel going into the exam. It is vitally important that not only are you super confident that you will get the required score on the exam; but, you also have developed stress management skill so that it is natural for you to be able to calm your nervousness so that you can think clearly on the exam. Often, we get our words mixed up, and fall back into poor language patterns because we are so nervous. You need to be able to Master your Psychology. You MUST be able to stay calm!
When you practice, practice, practice so that you can write a complete report in 10 minutes, so you have time to edit your work – and you can do that with ease – that is when you are ready to take the test and can walk into the test centre with confidence!
I promise that in doing so you will have the confidence you need to overcome your previous depressing results and to prevail!
Learn the Secret to Success. Explore CELBANPrep University.